Functions and constants for matching known filenames against shell-style pattern strings.
|fnmatch (pat, name[, flags=0])||Match a filename against a shell pattern.|
- fnmatch (pat, name[, flags=0])
Match a filename against a shell pattern.
0, if successful
some other non-zero integer if fnmatch itself failed
Any constants not available in the underlying system will be
- FNM_PATHNAME int slashes in pathname must be matched by slash in pattern
- FNM_NOESCAPE int disable backslash escaping
- FNM_NOMATCH int match failed
- FNM_PERIOD int periods in pathname must be matched by period in pattern
-- Print fnmatch constants supported on this host. for name, value in pairs (require "posix.fnmatch") do if type (value) == "number" then print (name, value) end end